Sedation Dentistry Offers You Comfort and Relief
Control Dental Fear and Anxiety With Sedation Dentistry
Anxiety caused by the mere thought of visiting the dentist may be putting your oral health in danger. If anxiety is keeping you from getting the dental treatments you need on time, you may be putting yourself at risk of developing more serious dental issues in the future.
Sedation dentistry is an efficient solution for controlling dental anxiety and fear that we successfully use at The Florida Center for Laser Dentistry in Hudson, Florida, to manage stress and discomfort in patients with tooth sensitivity, gag reflex, or trauma, allowing them to benefit from the dental procedures that help maintain their healthy and vibrant smile.
What Is Sedation Dentistry and Is It Right for You?
If visiting the dentist or sitting in a dental chair is making you feel uncomfortable or stressed and keeping you from seeking dental care, sedation dentistry is right for you.
Sedation dentistry uses medication to manage your stress levels and keep you calm during dental procedures. Dr. Robyn uses minimal to conscious sedation options depending on the reasons causing your dental anxiety or fear and the complexity of the dental procedures you need to undergo.
Sedation Options at The Florida Center for Laser Dentistry
Dr. Robyn and our team are committed to making your dental visit a positive experience. Using the most efficient and advanced solutions offered by sedation dentistry, we can manage your discomfort even if:
- your fear or anxiety is caused by a past traumatic experience
- you suffer from a severe gag reflex
- you are simply uncomfortable with the sounds, smells, and sight of the dental office.
Our sedation options at The Florida Center for Laser Dentistry include:
- Oral sedation
- Nitrous oxide
- Local anesthetic (including The Wand®)
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
The five most significant benefits of sedation dentistry are:
- Provides immediate relief from dental anxiety and fear
- Ensures dental procedures are pain-free and comfortable
- Prevents anxious patients from reliving traumatic experiences and enhancing their phobia
- Helps prevent and neutralize the unwanted effects of a sensitive gag reflex
- Streamlines the dentist’s efforts, allowing them to work faster and more efficiently
Contact Us Today for Sedation Dentistry
Visiting the dentist doesn’t need to be stressful. For more on how sedation dentistry can help manage dental anxiety and help you enjoy a comfortable dental experience, contact The Florida Center for Laser Dentistry at (727) 862-8513.